302) H. Lee, S. Zones and M. E. Davis, “Zeolite synthesis using degradable structure-directing agents and pore-filling agents,” J. Phys. Chem. B, 109, 2187 (2005).
303) B. A. Holmberg, S. J. Hwang, M. E. Davis and Y. Yan, “Synthesis and proton conductivity of sulfonic acid fuctionalized zeolite beta nanocrystals,” Micropor. Mesopor. Mat., 80, 347 (2005).
304) R. P. Kulkarni, D. D. Wu, M. E. Davis and S. W. Fraser, “Quantitating intracellular transport of polyplexes by spatio-temporal correlation spectroscopy,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 102, 7523 (2005).
305) R. P. Kulkarni, S. Mishra, S. E. Fraser and M. E. Davis, “Single cell kinetics of intracellular, non-viral, nucleic acid delivery vehicle acidification and trafficking,” Bioconjugate Chem., 16, 986 (2005).
306) S. Hu-Lieskovan, J. D. Heidel, D. W. Bartlett, M. E. Davis and T. J. Triche, “Sequence-specific knockdown of EWS-FLI1 by targeted, non-viral delivery of siRNA inhibits tumor growth in a murine model of metastatic Ewing’s sarcoma,” Cancer Res., 65, 8984 (2005).
307) S. R. Popielarski, S. H. Pun and M. E. Davis, “A nanoparticle-based model delivery system to guide the rational design of gene delivery to the liver. 1. Synthesis and characterization,” Bioconjugate Chem., 16, 1063 (2005).
308) S. R. Popielarski, S. Hu-Lieskovan, S. W. French, T. J. Triche and M. E. Davis, “A nanoparticle-based model delivery system to guide the rational design of gene delivery to the liver. 2. In vitro and in vivo uptake results,” Bioconjugate Chem., 16, 1071 (2005).
309) S. D. Rose, D. H. Kim, M. Amarzguioui, J. D. Heidel, M. A. Collingwood, M. E. Davis, J. J. Rossi and M. A. Behlke, “Functional polarity is introduced by Dicer processing of short substrate RNAs,” Nucl. Acids Res., 33, 4140 (2005).
310) S. I. Zones, H. Lee, M. E. Davis, J. Casci and A. W. Burton, “Strategies in developing routes to commercialization of novel high silica zeolites,” in Molecular Sieves: From Basic research to industrial applications. Proceedings of the 3rd FEZA Conference, Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal., 158A, 1-10 (2005).
311) J. Heidel, S. Mishra and M. E. Davis, “Molecular conjugates,” Adv. Biochem. Eng. Biotechnol., 99, 7 (2005).
312) J. M. Galownia, A. P. Wight, A. Blanc, J. A. Labinger and M. E. Davis, “Partially reduced heteropolyanions for the oxidative dehydrogenation of ethane to ethylene and acetic acid at atmospheric pressure,” J. Catal., 236, 356 (2005).
313) S. I. Zones, S. J. Hwang, S. Elomari, I. Ogino, M. E. Davis and A. Burton, “The fluoride-based route to all-silica molecular sieves; a strategy for synthesis of new materials based upon close-packing of guest-host products,” C. R. Chimie, 8, 267 (2005).
314) T. Schluep, J. Cheng, K. T. Khin and M. E. Davis, “Pharmacokinetics and biodistribution of the camptothecin-polymer conjugate IT-101 in rats and tumor-bearing mice,” Cancer Chemother. Pharmacol., 57, 654 (2006).
315) H. Lee, S. I. Zones and M. E. Davis, “Synthesis of molecular sieves using ketal structure-directing agents and their degradation inside the pore space,” Micropor. Mesopor. Mat., 88, 266 (2006).
316) T. Schluep, S. J. Hwang, J. Cheng, J. D. Heidel, D. W. Bartlett and M. E. Davis, “Preclinical efficacy of the camptothecin-polymer conjugate IT-101 in multiple cancer models,” Clin. Cancer Res., 12, 1606 (2006).
317) D. W. Bartlett and M. E. Davis, “Insights into the kinetics of siRNA-mediated gene silencing from live-cell and live-animal bioluminescent imaging,” Nucl. Acids Res., 34, 322 (2006).
318) R. K. Zeidan, V. Dufaud and M. E. Davis, “Enhanced cooperative, catalytic behavior of organic functional groups by immobilization,” J. Catal., 239, 299 (2006).
319) A. Burton, A. J. Darton, M. E. Davis, S. J. Hwang, R. E. Morris, I. Ogino and S. I. Zones, “Structure-directing agent location and non-centrosymmetric structure of fluoride-containing zeolite SSZ-55,” J. Phys. Chem. B, 110, 5273 (2006).
320) J. Galownia, J. Martin and M. E. Davis, “Aluminophosphate-based, microporous materials for blood clotting,” Micropor. Mesopor. Mat., 92, 61 (2006).
321) M. E. Davis, “Nanoparticles for systemic medicines and imaging agents,” Nanotechnology Law and Business, Aug./Sept., 101 (2006).
322) Z. Li, M. L. Johnson, M. Sun, E. T. Ryan, D. J. Earl, W. Maichen, J. I. Martin, S. Li, C. M. Lew, J. Wang, M. W. Deem, M. E. Davis and Y. Yan, “Mechanical and dielectric properties of pure-silica-zeolite low-k materials,” Angew. Chemie Int. Ed., 45, 6329 (2006).
323) R. K. Zeidan, S. J. Hwang and M. E. Davis, “Multifunctional heterogeneous catalysts: SBA-15 containing primary amines and sulfonic acids,” Angew. Chemie Int. Ed., 45, 6332 (2006).
324) J. L. Anthony and M. E. Davis, “Assembly of zeolites and crystalline molecular sieves,” Self-Organized Nanoscale Materials, Chapter 4, pp.159-185 (2006).
325) S. Mishra, J. D. Heidel, P. Webster and M. E. Davis, “Imidazole end groups on a linear, cyclodextrin-containing polycation produce enhanced gene delivery via multiple processes,” J. Control. Release, 116, 179 (2006).
326) S. P. Elangovan, M. Ogura, S. Ernst, M. Hartmann, S. Tontisirin, M. E. Davis and T. Okubo, “A comparison of zeolites SSZ-33 and MCM-68 for hydrocarbon trap applications,” Micropor. Mesopor. Mat., 96, 210 (2006).
327) J. Cheng, R. Zeidan, S. Mishra, A. Liu, S. H. Pun, G. Jensen, N. Bellocq, R. Kulkarni and M. E. Davis, “Structure-function correlation of chloroquine and analogues as transgene expression enhancers in non-viral gene delivery,” J. Med. Chem., 49, 6522 (2006).
328) R. K. Zeidan, S. A. Kalovidouris, T. Schluep, R. Fazio, R. Andresini and M. E. Davis, “A solvent free method for isotopically or radioactively labeling cyclodextrins and cyclodextrin-containing polymers,” Bioconjugate Chem., 17, 1624 (2006).
329) C. A. Alabi and M. E. Davis, “Proton-conducting solid electrolyte via ozonolysis of cationic ammonium organoalkoxysilane surfactant-templated MCM-41,” Chem. Mater., 18, 5634 (2006).
330) D. W. Bartlett and M. E. Davis, “Effect of siRNA nuclease stability on the in vitro and in vivo kinetics of siRNA-mediated gene silencing,” Bioeng. and Biotechnol., 97, 909 (2007).
331) J. D. Heidel, J. Y. C. Liu, Y. Yen, B. Zhou, B. S. E. Heale, J. J. Rossi, D. W. Bartlett and M. E. Davis, “Potent siRNA inhibitors of ribonucleotide reductase subunit RRM2 reduce cell proliferation in vitro and in vivo,” Clin. Cancer Res., 13, 2207 (2007).
332) D. W. Bartlett and M. E. Davis, “Physicochemical and biological characterization of targeted, nucleic acid-containing nanoparticles,” Bioconjugate Chem., 18, 456 (2007).
333) J. D. Heidel, Z. Yu, J. Y.-C. Liu, S. M. Rele, Y. Liang, R. K. Zeidan, D. J. Kornbrust and M. E. Davis, “Administration in non-human primates of escalating intravenous doses of targeted nanoparticles containing ribonucleotide reductase sub-unit M2 siRNA,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 104, 5715 (2007).
334) R. Zeidan and M. E. Davis, “The effect of acid-base pairing on catalysis: An efficient acid-base functionalized catalyst for the aldol condensation,” J. Catal., 247, 379 (2007).
335) W. Chaikittisilp, M. E. Davis and T. Okubo, “TPA(+)-mediated conversion of silicon wafers into preferentially ordered siliceous MFI zeolite films under steaming,” Chem. Mater., 19, 4120 (2007).
336) D. W. Bartlett, H. Su, I. J. Hildebrandt, W. A. Weber and M. E. Davis, “Impact of tumor-specific targeting on the biodistribution and efficacy of siRNA nanoparticles measured by multimodality in vivo imaging,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 104, 15549 (2007).
337) E. L. Margelefsky, R. K. Zeidan, V. Dufaud and M. E. Davis, “Organized surface functional groups: Cooperative catalysis via thiol/sulfonic acid pairing,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 129, 13691 (2007).
338) S. Turner, J. R. Sieber, T. W. Vetter, R. Zeisler, A. F. Marlow, M. G. Moreno-Ramirez, M. E. Davis, G. J. Kennedy, W. G. Borghard, S. Yang, A. Navrotsky, B. H. Toby, J. F. Kelly, R. A. Fletcher, E. S. Windsor, J. R. Verkouteren and S. D. Leigh, “Characterization of chemical properties, unit cell parameters and particle size distribution of three zeolite reference materials: RM 8850–zeolite Y, RM 8851–zeolite A and RM 8852–ammonium ZSM-5 zeolite,” Micropor. Mesopor. Mat., 107, 252 (2008).
339) J. R. Heath and M. E. Davis, “Nanotechnology and cancer,” Ann. Rev. Med., 59, 251 (2008).
340) D. W. Bartlett and M. E. Davis, “Impact of tumor-specific targeting and dosing schedule on tumor growth inhibition after intravenous administration of siRNA-containing nanoparticles,” Biotechnol. Bioeng., 99, 975 (2008).
341) E. L. Margelefsky, R. K. Zeidan and M. E. Davis, “Cooperative catalysis by silica-supported organic functional groups,” Chem. Soc. Rev., 37, 1118 (2008).
342) J. C. McKeen, Y. Yan and M. E. Davis, “Proton conductivity in sulfonic acid-functionalized zeolite beta: Effect of hydroxyl group content,” Chem. Mater., 20, 3791 (2008).
343) M. E. Davis, Z. Chen and D. M. Shin, “Nanoparticle therapeutics: An emerging treatment modality for cancer,” Nat. Rev. Drug Disc., 7, 771 (2008).
344) E. L. Margelefsky, A. Bendjeriou, R. K. Zeidan, V. Dufaud and M. E. Davis, “Nanoscale organization of thiol and arylsulfonic acid on silica leads to a highly active and selective bifunctional, heterogeneous catalyst,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 130, 13442 (2008).
345) J. C. McKeen, Y. S. Yan and M. E. Davis, “Proton conducitivity of acid functionalized zeolite beta, MCM-41 and MCM-48: Effect of acid strength,” Chem. Mater., 20, 5122 (2008).
346) C. M. Lew, S. Li, S. J. Hwang, D. I. Medina, M. Sun, J. Wang, M. E. Davis and Y. Yan, “Pure-silica-zeolite MFI and MEL low-dielectric constant films with fluoroorganic functionalization,” Adv. Funct. Mater. 18, 1 (2008).
347) J. R. Heath, L. Hood and M. E. Davis, “Nanomedicine targets cancer,” Sci. Am. 300, 44 (2009).
348) H. Kim, W. Q. Deng, W. A. Goddard, S. S. Jang, M. E. Davis and Y. Yan, “Sodium diffusion through aluminum-doped zeolite BEA system: Effect of water solvation,” J. Phys. Chem. C 113, 819 (2009).
349) T. Numbenjapon, J. Wang, D. Colcher, T. Schluep, M. E. Davis, J. Duringer, L. Kretzner, Y. Yen, S. J. Forman and A. Raubitschek, “Preclinical efficacy of camptothecin-polymer conjugate IT-101 in multiple human lymphoma xenograft models,” Clin. Cancer Res. 15, 4365 (2009).
350) M. E. Davis, “The first targeted delivery of siRNA in humans via a self-assembling, cyclodextrin polymer-based nanoparticle: From concept to clinic,” Mol. Pharm. 6, 659 (2009).
351) J. C. McKeen and M. E. Davis, “Conductivity of mono- and divalent cations in the microporous zincosilicate VPI-9,” J. Phys. Chem. C 113, 9870 (2009).
352) M. Sun, W. Maichen, R. Pophale, Y. Liu, R. Cai, C. M. Lew, H. Hunt, M. W. Deem, M. E. Davis and Y. Yan, “Dielectric constant measurement of zeolite powders by time-domain reflectometry,” Micropor. Mesopor. Mat. 123, 10 (2009).
353) M. E. Davis, “The rise and realization of molecular chemical engineering,” AIChE J. 55, 1636 (2009).
354) T. Schluep, J. Hwang, I. J. Hildebrandt, J. Czernin, C. H. J. Choi, C. A. Alabi, B. C. Mack and M. E. Davis, “Pharmacokinetics and tumor dynamics of the nanoparticle IT-101 from PET imaging and tumor histological measurements,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 106, 11394 (2009).
355) M. E. Davis, “Design and development of IT-101, a cyclodextrin-containing polymer conjugate of camptothecin,” Adv. Drug Del. Rev. 61, 1189 (2009).
356) S. Oney, R. T. S. Lam, C. M. Blake, G. Quick, J. Layzer, J. Heidel, J. Y. Liu, B. Mack, M. E. Davis, K. W. Leong and B. A. Sullenger, “Control of aptamer activity by universal antidotes: An approach to safer therapeutics,” Nat. Med. 15, 1224 (2009).
357) B. C. Mack, K. Wright and M. E. Davis, “A biodegradable filament for controlled drug delivery,” J. Control. Rel. 139, 205 (2009).
358) C. A. Alabi, Z. Chen, Y. S. Yan and M. E. Davis, “Insights into the nature of synergistic effects in proton-conducting 4,4-1H,1H-bitriazole-poly(ethylene oxide) composites,” Chem. Mater. 21, 4645 (2009).